An exciting contract opportunity has opened up with a globally a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical company who are seeking an experienced contract process chemist to join the fast growing chemistry development team.
Key responsibilities include
- As a process chemist working closely with analytical chemists, engineers, project managers and other scientists, you will contribute to pharmaceutical development programmes, supporting project progression through late clinical development and launch. You will:
- Design and implement new chemical routes and processes suitable for scale-up, with a focus on process understanding.
- Be responsible for optimising chemical manufacturing processes taking consideration of speed, quality, cost, sustainability, reproducibility and efficiency
- Collaborate closely with other scientists to contribute to the development of new medicines.
- Assess and manage process risks arising from scale, equipment or process changes.
- Support problem solving when development or manufacturing issues arise.
- May also work with third party organisations to develop and manufacture API processes.
- A PhD, MSc or BSc in Chemistry, with 2+ years experience in Lab-based role ideally within the pharmaceutical industry and/or process development experience, using a broad range of practical techniques would be desirable
- Substantial experience in practical organic synthesis
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of synthetic reagents and methodologies, reaction mechanisms and analytical techniques
- The ability to develop and analyse multiple solutions to problems
If this sounds like you or someone you know please get in touch ASAP as my client is looking to move quickly. This is a fantastic opportunity which is a critical hire for my client, please send your CV and a cover letter to be considered for the role. Please allow 24 hours or 1 working day for me to review.
Apply Back to search Xplore News