The Finance Manager is responsible for building complex financial models to allow our customer to make strategic investment decisions on new Business Development opportunities.
- Responsible for partnering with functions from across the business to critically advise on assumptions and costs.
- Also responsible for Financial Due Diligence on the transacting party
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Develop models to forecast the financial performance of potential in licensing and out licensing opportunities, including contribution to revenue, expenditures and net income: Work with Due Diligence Team, functions and affiliates (as required) to assess the financial impact of prospective acquisitions and products on existing operations and capture costs.
- Develop valuation and pro forma analysis to help determine the financial feasibility of a potential acquisition or divestment.
- Model and develop complex financial structures to meet custom needs of an opportunity.
- Advise management on the assumptions underlying models, and prepare business cases for presentation to various internal stakeholders.
- Perform financial due diligence on companies including analysis of profit and loss statements and income statements.
- Partner with business to analyse historic deal performance, and potential lessons learned for future modelling and valuation.
- Perform regular reviews of ongoing business development activities to identify changing financial conditions and report findings.
- Life Sciences Degree or equivalent (Post-graduate business or financial qualification a distinct advantage).
- Solid experience in Business Development, Investment Banking, Management consulting or related (Experience of Pharmaceutical industry beneficial).
- Must possess high level of financial acumen with ability to translate financials elegantly and rapidly into presentation materials.
- Highly numerate with excellent IT skills (Must possess advanced proficiency with Excel).
- Organised and conscientious. Ability to manage multiple priorities and multi-task.
- Strong analytical skills & Process / system driven with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Strong strategic / critical thinking capabilities.
- The ability to analyse, solve problems and propose solutions in complex situations are essential skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and executive presence.
- Being flexible / adaptabe in this role is critical.
- High level of integrity.
Apply Back to search Xplore News